From the initial consultation at your home or building site, through to the completion of your project, we make the process straightforward and easy. If there is anything you are unsure about, hopefully the answer to your question can be found here. If you still can’t find the answer, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Yes, we are one of the few Registered Master Landscapers in the Waikato. When you deal with a Registered Master Landscaper, (the national organisation for landscaping professionals who are serious about quality trade practice) you can be assured you are working with skilled landscapers where you will receive professional advice and relevant services. You can rely on us to complete your project to the highest of standards. We are proud to be one of the few Waikato companies who are Master Landscapers.
We work closely with three landscape designers – Jan McGowan, Sheryn Brownlee and Monique Murphy. We highly recommend any of these ladies for their design ideas and plant knowledge. Paying for a landscape design is a great investment and gives our clients a perfect place to start. It also makes the quoting process a lot faster.
Jan McGowan – Based in Hamilton
Mobile 0274 168 719
Sheryn Brownlee – Based in Cambridge
Mobile 022 127 8541
Monique Murphy – Based in Hamilton
Mobile 027 453 4534
No, we don’t hold any stock in our yard. We buy from our regular suppliers individually for each job as required.
Yes, we can provide you with raised planter boxes filled with garden mix, installed in the perfect spot, and all ready for you to do the fun part – planting! All you have to do is decide which vegetables, fruits or herbs to choose.
Each planter box is:
- Made from treated pine, so they are built to last and won’t rot in the ground
- Great quality – they are extremely well made by our expert team
- Installed in your chosen spot in your garden
- Lined inside with polythene, so there is a barrier between the treated timber and your plants
- Constructed with a decorative practical top capping – great for sitting on!
- Filled and ready to plant
- We can also price with additional options: painted with a kwila capping, paver edging(Mowing strip) and paved, stepping stones or pea metal pathways between several boxes
Quote & Invoicing
We pride ourselves on our detailed quotes, so you know exactly what you are getting for the money you are paying. It’s really important to us that our quotes are clear and easy to understand. Each aspect of your landscaping is itemised. There are many factors that go into our quotes, ie terrain, access, materials options etc, therefore we prefer to meet you onsite to discuss your hopes and dreams rather than giving an estimate as it is very difficult to be accurate when the project is site unseen. We do provide free no obligations quotes.
Between accepting your quote and when your project starts, we will:
- send you a deposit invoice
- give you a link to complete a quick housekeeping form
- send you a timeline outlining what order your project will be done and
- phone you to schedule a suitable time to commence the work.
Just prior to your start date, our Project Manager will bring the Site Foreman to your home so he can familiarise himself with your project. The foreman will be managing your job and will be the first point of contact on a daily basis once work commences.
- 20% deposit on job acceptance which secures the next available spot on our schedule, with the remainder due in full on completion
- Progress payments may be required
- Groundcover Landscaping provides an onsite consultation and quote for free.
- We also allow one review of your quote. Any further revisions/amendments may incur a $75 + GST administration fee.
- Pricing based on standard digging conditions. If any unknown conditions become evident once work has started i.e. old concrete, tree stumps, hard compacted ground etc. that cannot be seen until excavation work commences could incur extra costs
- All care but no responsibility taken for any damage to underground services
The Landscaping Process
No, if you have had a Landscape Design with a planting plan, we will work off the plan and order all the plants and trees and plant them for you. We use various nurseries from all over New Zealand depending on availability of the different plant species.
If you have a concept drawing from us (rather than a full design) we can also buy the plants required and plant them for you.
Included in every project is a dedicated Project Manager to ensure the job runs smoothly; and a team of landscapers with many years of combined experience who take pride in their work. If further subcontractors are required, the project Manager will organise these for you. We are also happy to work in with /liaise with other contractors as needed.
We pride ourselves on our detailed quotes, so you know exactly what you are getting for the money you are paying. It’s really important to us that our quotes are clear and easy to understand. Each aspect of your landscaping is itemised and yes you can do your project in stages – we can work with you to ensure you are happy every step of the way.
I am planning a landscaping project and looking for a professional, experienced landscaping company – where do I start?
You have come to the right place! We have been in business since 2004, so we have experience and expertise you can trust. The relationships and rapport we establish with our clients is the reason we specialise in residential landscaping. We are one of only a few Registered Master Landscapers in the Waikato, so you know you can rely on us to complete your project to the highest of standards.
From the initial consultation at your home or building site, through to the completion of your project – we make the process straightforward and easy.
There are lots of reasons for you to choose Groundcover Landscaping for your next project, here are 8 of them:
- We offer you our unique 7 Point Guarantee – which includes a 2-year guarantee on workmanship – for your peace of mind
- Expert advice – Having been in business since 2004 our experience puts us ahead of the bunch. Therefore, we can give you practical, usable solutions for your outdoor living space.
- On time, every time – we know your time is precious, that’s why we will turn up to appointments when we say we will.
- Registered Master Landscapers – We are proud to be one of the few Waikato companies who are Master Landscapers – the national organisation for landscaping professionals who are serious about quality trade practice
- Professional staff – Our uniformed staff are police checked and will leave your section clean and tidy
- We make the process easy – once you’ve made an appointment for a site visit, we will discuss your ideas, get a quote to you and book your landscaping project in – a process that’s straightforward and stress-free
- No time wasted – We pride ourselves on getting your landscaping project done right first time
- Many satisfied customers – We take pride in our role as your landscaper so that our clients happily recommend us to their friends and family
I have a new build and I’m worried I will be faced with a mess in my garden once the build is complete
On completion, your landscaping team will do one last tidy up, making sure to leave your section clean and tidy, and then your transformed garden is yours to enjoy!